Family Service Program
The days following a funeral can be stressful and perplexing for a family who have suffered a loss of a loved one, as well as those who are acting as executor or executrix, responsible for the estate. At Capital City Cremation, we continue to provide guidance and support through our aftercare assistance. Filling out applications for survivor benefits, notifications, transfer of benefits and Things to do Checklists are but a few of the things we do that are greatly appreciated by the families we have served.
Capital City Cremation Family Service Consultants will help you and your family by easing the stress of making contact with Canada Pension, Superannuation, Income Securities, Life Insurance Companies, and any other sources you request. On your behalf we will also will notify Alberta Health Care, Blue Cross, Social Insurance, Alberta Seniors Benefits, passport or any other document that requires a notification. We provide an extensive estate checklist to help you remember other duties that are required of the estate trustee/executor
This Service is offered for $250.00
- Do all notifications to Provincial and Federal Agencies
- Complete the application for Canada Pension Plan lump sum Death Benefit.
- Complete the application for Canada Pension Plan monthly Survivor’s Pension.
- Complete the application for Canada Pension Plan monthly Children’s Benefit.
- Assist with completion of life insurance claimant forms.
- Assist with completion of employer health, life insurance and pension forms.
- Supply Funeral Director Statements of death that may be required by any bank, trust company, union, etc.(No limit and no additional cost for these)
- Send and /or deliver completed forms to their required locations.
- Other services you may require.
- All Consultants are Commissioners for Oaths and can complete affidavits for many documents including Land Title name removal and submit for a new title.
We offer a wealth of information and guidance that you can trust!
Caring Voices – Talk to a Professional Grief Counselor Anytime – Day or night 1-800 number right at your fingertips whenever you want, as long as you want.
The Executor’s Survival Toolkit
is a comprehensive estate management system that will save you time and money when organizing or settling an estate.
Backed by a team of experts in Canada, including lawyers and accountants who specialize in estate administration, our toolkit is legally audited once a year and new content is routinely added.
Our Families receive an Executor’s Tool Kit as part of our post funeral service program.
- Extensive portable record keeping system
- Detailed workbooks providing step-by-step instructions
- Online support
- Comprehensive filing system
- Gather and organize fundamental estate information
- Securely store estate documents
- Ensure quick and easy access to critical data
- Step-by-step instructions on everything you need to know and do to organize or settle an estate
- Record vital statistics and key family details
- Stipulate distribution of personal property not covered in a Will
- Leave a special message for family and friends
- Create a “living memory” to share with loved ones
- Establish a complete bookkeeping system
- Send standard notices and form letters
- Probate and tax instructions
- Asset and liability inventory spreadsheets
- Property distribution receipts
- Glossary of terms
- Contact directory
- Simple auto-start feature
- Copies of all of worksheets and form letters contained in the workbooks
- Numerous PDF files
- Allows the organization or administration process to be completed electronically
- Both PC and Mac compatible